License Key Bounty
For qualifying pull requests, starting September 1st, 2020, we'll award a free lifetime license key.
If you make a contribution to Onivim that fixes a bug or implements a new feature, we consider you part of our team, and want to make sure you have a license key.
The requirements are as follows:
- The fix or change must be non-trivial (ie, not a typo fix).
- The contribution must resolve an issue or implement a feature.
- The fix or change must be complete work (meaning, it fully resolves the root cause of a bug or fully implements a feature - not a 'hack').
- Any required test cases or benchmarks must be implemented.
- The work must be primarily done by you. We're happy to help and give feedback.
- The pull request must address an issue logged by another user.
- The code must follow all relevant style guidelines.
- The pull request must be merged.
Some of these are judgement calls - for example, there may be a long investigation to make a single-line fix. We'll do our best to be fair and revise these guidelines as we go. The product team has the final say on whether a PR meets these requirements.
If you have an idea for a feature or fix that doesn't quite match the requirements, feel free to reach out and run it by us.
Bug fixes and features for the following projects will be considered:
Yes! These are a great place to start.
Can I transfer license keys earned through this to another user?
Sure. Bonus points if you brag about the feature or bug fix you implemented.
Is there a limit on the number of license keys I may earn?
There is no limit... at least, until we run out of issues to fix and features to implement.
I just bought a license, and then submitted a qualifying pull request, what do I do?
Wow, you're amazing! If the PR is submitted within 30 days of purchasing the license - we'll be happy to refund the original purchase, and you may use the bounty license key.
If it is after the 30-day period, we unfortunately can't refund, but feel free to transfer the bounty license key to someone else.
Can I re-sell a license key earned through this program?
Reselling a license key is not allowed.
How do I know if the work I wish to do is eligible?
The last thing we want is for you to do a bunch of work, and then for some reason or another, find out it is not eligible.
Do documentation fixes count?
Documentation improvements can fall within scope, but they would need to be a significant content and design improvement.